I’m all about the planning! Planning your week’s meals is an important element to making sure that our family receives a balanced and healthy meal in today’s over scheduled world.
However…. Planning isn’t always done. In order to be ready for these crazy days where everyone is hungry at 6PM and you’re home at 5:55PM with no ideas for dinner you need to have some basics at home:
- Chicken Tenders (homemade from previous dinner)
- Black Beans
- Frozen vegetables
- Frozen potato wedges (Alexa’s recommended)
- Frozen Shrimp
- Veggie Burgers (we like the Chipotle Black Beans from Gardenburger)
Here are some quick & easy meal Ideas:
Cuban Style Black Beans over a bed of white rice
– heat up pre-made frozen black beans or open up a can of black beans. Make rice (25 minutes). Serve black beans over white rice with side of veggies or a salad.
Veggie Burgers with Salad
– Grill up some frozen veggie burgers and serve with a salad
– heat up frozen (homemade) chicken tenders and serve with roasted potato wedges (from frozen, Alexa’s) and vegetable of choice (fresh or frozen, no canned veggies please).
Pasta with sautéed shrimp
– sauté some minced garlic in Olive Oil, add defrosted shrimp and add S&P and basil (fresh if you have it) and cook until shrimp is done. Serve over cooked pasta.
These are just some of my ideas, what are your favorite quick & easy meals?
Betty Hakes is a working mom and entrepreneur. Her passion is to bring families back around the dinner table and to help business succeed locally and in the online space.